Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello Again!

It has been so long since my last post that I did not remember my password!  LOL

If you have read my blog in the past you know that I am not a blogger by nature.  When this journey began in November I felt that God was giving me the urge to write.  Since my friend Angela's diagnosis in December I felt like that was the entire purpose for my blog. (For those who do not know, one of my friends was reading my blog and when I suggested that all women to check themselves she decided that she would do her first self exam...well, she just finished her third dose of chemo last week.) I have in the last week been mailed a letter, called on the phone, and encouraged face to face to continue my blog.  I must say I am not sure why people are interested in what I have to say, but I will try my best to at least blog weekly.

I was listening to the radio last Friday and someone asked the question, "Why doesn't God speak to us audibly?"  My first instinct was to say, "He wants us to have FAITH."  If He spoke to all of us then why would we need faith?  I can not begin to explain why some people have more faith than others.  I do know that God gives all of us gifts, one of them being faith.  I also know through personal experience that when you seek and ask for God to strengthen your gifts or more specifically give you more faith He will!

It is hard to explain but from the very beginning of this journey I have placed faith in God.

            for we walk by faith, not by sight. 2 Corinthians 5:7

This verse has become, for the lack of a better phrase, my cancer verse.  It is easier said then done, but through prayer I have realized that without this faith the things I gone through since November seem unbearable. 

So that being said today I am praying for everyone that could use a little more faith and for God to help you in the situations that life throws your way.  I love you all and thank you for your interest in my life and the randomness that I type!  I would ask that you would all be in prayer for my friend Angela and her family (Marty, Ashleigh and Andrew), these are not easy times for them and treatments have been rough.
 Now an update on my treatment...

I have six more doses of chemo that will be spread over seven weeks.  I would be done in six weeks but my peripheral neuropathy (numbness in my hands) has gotten pretty bad.  It is to the point that I am dropping things a lot and do not even ask me to button a shirt for you, it will take me about thirty minutes. I was informed to tell my doctor when I started dropping things, so I did and he said that he was going to switch my chemo to Abraxane.  I am very excited to be done with chemo soon.  I have been doing this now for 14 weeks and to be blunt, "I am OVER this."  It truly is more of an inconvenience then anything else.  I have to be late to work every Wednesday because of chemo. 

After I finish chemo we will wait a few weeks to see how my markers are (if there are any cancer cells in my blood).  If all looks good we will start radiation.  5-6 weeks of five days a week treatment.  Doesn't that sound fun!  I have heard that the treatments are quick and usually you are in and out in about thirty minutes. 

It is time for me get to work.  I will do my best to get back on and update within a weeks time.

2 comments:

  1. Cassy,
    I'm so happy to see an update :) I check your blog often, to see how you are hanging in there.
    Do you have a radiation oncologist yet? I used Dr. Murshed. He and his staff were GREAT! I've heard a few sketchy things about some others in the area and met with one other who was just not a good fit for us. I was very pleased with our decision to use Dr. Murshed. He is at Bay Med.
    Keep your head up. It will be over before you know it. The end of this month marks 1 year since my last radiation treatment - what a wonderful year it has been. The treatments are barely more than a vague memory at this point. I'm still praying for you.
    How are Josh and the kids holding up?

    ReplyDelete
  2. SHE'S BACK!! Thanks for the update girl! You are on my mind so much. Hope you are holdin' up with work and the kids and life in general. I am so proud of you and how well things have gone for you. I hate to hear about the neuropathy though. I am sure that is really tough with the obvious use of your hands all day! Thanks again for the update though. :) Love you, Sums

    ReplyDelete