Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Long time!

So, it has been a really long time since I last updated my blog.  Things have been pretty much the same since the last blog.  I have successfully made it through my first round of chemo!  I have been told by just about everyone that I talk to that even though the next round is 12 weekly infusions, it is much easier then the first round.  Apparently the chemo drug I will be receiving this time is not as tough on the body and the side effects do not knock you down like the last two drugs.

I started out being able to continue with my exercise routine with slight modifications, but after eight weeks of these chemo drugs my body is just plan exhausted!  I can literally fall asleep at any time as long as I am either sitting or lying down.  I will be very excited to regain some energy.  I met a women last week at treatment that is in her seventh week of the 12 week chemo and she said by about week five she felt like her normal self again.  Her hair has also started to grow back!  The whole bald head thing is really old!!!!  I would love to have hair that did not require I put something over it, so I do not scare people.

Funny thing about my taste buds...they come and go.  I will be a week and half out from treatment and all the sudden think, "wow I can actually taste what I am eating."  It is so weird.  I am very thankful for the sense of taste. 

As I get further into my treatment I just want it to be over.  I want to move on with my life.  I want to go back to work full time and start back at school.  If it were not for the chemo I would be starting back to school in a few weeks.  I know that it is important for me to do this right now, but sometimes I would just like to have my "normal" life back.  I will push forward and when it happens it is going to be such a sweet feeling of accomplishment!

So, I would ask that you pray what I have been this week, a resurgence of strength of body and mind.  I pray for all of you that you are blessed with an abundant life filled with joy!

2 comments:

  1. Cassy, I'm praying for you daily. I can relate to the lack of energy and ability to fall asleep anywhere. I'm hoping the next round is much better for you!
    xoxo
    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Miss you and praying for you!
    Amber

    ReplyDelete