Thursday, May 12, 2011

And then there was 2!

Well, I had chemo yesterday and even though I do not feel the affects of this chemo drug as much, it really wears on my body.  Even after having an entire week off from treatment my WBC count was down.  I am now currently on house arrest, again. Really the only thing I have noticed about this drug is it makes me tired and I guess that makes sense, when your immune system is depressed.

All that aside I only have two more chemo treatments left!  I am super excited this is finally coming to an end.  I plan to never be on chemo again!

My hair has started to make a nice appearance.  I have been going without a hat or wig at work now for about two weeks.  My daughter still prefers I wear a wig in public, it makes her sad the way people look at me.  It is interesting though what people will say to you... last week, when I was still immune compromised but insisted on going to work and staying in my office with a mask on,  I walk out to the reception area and a man, under his breath, said "Oh, that's a scary site."  Nice I thought and chuckled.  Then later in the week when I no longer had to wear the mask someone asked one of the ladies at the front desk, "What is with the buzz cut."  I mean really?  Turns out he was a cancer survivor and wanted to talk to me, but I am thinking there was a more polite way to go about that.  And then this week, our nurse was out on Monday so I did most of the check ins and some people just asked what I was going through, except for one guy that told me, "For a nickel more I could have given you a real haircut."  I decided to make him feel just a little embarrassed and said, "Oh, I am really proud of my hair GROWTH."  He felt bad and then asked me all about it.  So after this week I have decided to tell people that I got a really bad case of head lice and we had to shave it!

I have no real words of wisdom or insight this blog.  I just want to say I love you all and try to always look at the positive side of life it makes it more enjoyable!

2 comments:

  1. Ok, so I want to beat up those mean people! Golly jeepers! You are so strong, and I love your resolve despite the tough stuff. I am so excited that you only have two left girl. I have had you on my mind a lot, knowing you are getting close! Lots of love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Checking in on you. I hope all is well!
    Bridgette

    ReplyDelete