Monday, January 24, 2011

Round Two

Ok, Ok I know I am a terrible blogger!  Not sure how to change that it is just how I am.

Round two of chemo went a lot better than the first.  The nurses changed the order of my meds around and started me on them earlier and even though I did still get nauseous it was no where near the first round.  I was even able to walk/jog the bridge the day after chemo and it felt GREAT!  I know that sounds crazy but it is so nice to get outside and exercise.  It is part of my day that relaxes me and helps me feel good about my health.

So, I shaved my head last week and then on Friday the hair just kept coming out so I called my sister-in-law to come shave it closer to my scalp.  It is a little uncomfortable when it is falling out.  It kind of feels like someone is plucking the individual hairs out, and I have a lot of hair.  It continued on Saturday to fall out even more so I used my razor that I shave my legs with and just shaved it completely, which is still not all gone.  I do not understand how I still have random patches of hair.  Initially I said that I felt surprisingly beautiful with a shaved head, well now that I have a partially shaved partially bald head I am not feeling so pretty, with a hat or wig off.  As long as I cover up the weirdness I am wonderful.

Another interesting thing happened to me this weekend.  I woke up Sunday morning got a bowl of cereal and realized I have no taste buds!  Strangely enough things that you would consider comfort food, usually terrible for you, still bring comfort you are just never satisfied because you can smell the yumminess and not taste it!  What a cruel cruel joke.  So, I have resorted to eating mostly soup because I like the warmth.  I wonder how long my taste buds will be gone for, I would like those back ASAP.

Other than hair loss and taste bud loss I am feeling great!  Thank you to everyone for the continued prayers!  God Bless!

4 comments:

  1. Great narrative...factual and yet so casual...honest and frank...just perfect!

    When mom's hair came back after her final round of chemo, it was the same color but it came back curly...originally it was straight...a surprising twist!!

    Soup is a good compromise...love the description of "feeling" the warmth in lieu of tasting the flavor.

    Sounds like you are determined to stay mainstream and that is awesome.

    Savor life...blogging can come later!!

    God bless you.......

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post Cass. I hate to hear you have already lost your taste. :( I know that will be tough. I love your wig. It's beautiful on you! I have never seen a more beautiful lady battling cancer! You are an inspiration to us all. And the running...are you serious?! :) You are amazing! Love you, Sums

    ReplyDelete
  3. sorry cass, a friend was over the other day, and i guess he was logged in. :) that's the reason for the comment from "thesurfingviolinist". :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cassy-
    I'm not sure if you remember me from highschool, I was in Summer's grade (Trish Cooper?)
    I just today started following your blog and I have to say that I am so incredibly inspired by you. I know that God puts people in your life at certain times of your life for a reason and I truly believe that he brought me into your life for a reason as well. You have tought me about patience through difficult times and how worrying is simply Satan trying to control you. So I'm saying thank you for your incredible faith in our Savior and for sharing your precious story on this blog site. I will be praying for you during this difficult time and that God will continue to bless you with such an amazing, optimistic attitude. Praise God for His Timing and for blessing you every day!!!
    You are a true inspiration to us all!

    God bless you :)

    Trish

    ReplyDelete